OLS Consulting Group Inc. has the experience and expertise to help you succeed! We specialize in providing security training to immigrants and newcomers to Canada as well as students with English as a second language! Our instructors have international experience in Africa, Asia and the Middle East! Come learn with us and succeed!
2015 Course Schedule for Alberta Basic Security Training
- 10, 11, 17, 18 (2 Weekends)
- 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 (Weekdays)
- 31, Feb.1, 7, 8 (2 Weekends)
- 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (Weekdays)
- 21, 22, 28, Mar.1 (2 Weekends)
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (Weekdays)
- 14, 15, 21, 22 (2 Weekends)
- 4, 5, 11, 12 (2 Weekends)
- 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 (Weekdays)
- 25, 26, May 2, 3 (2Weekends)
2015 Course Schedule for PPCT Defensive Tactics
- 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 (Weekdays)
- 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 (Weekdays)
- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (Weekdays)
- 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 (Weekdays)
2015 Course Schedule for Executive Protection
- 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 (Weekdays)
2015 Course Schedule for BladeWar Edged Weapon Awareness
- January 24, 2015
- March 28, 2015
- May 30, 2015
- July 11, 2015
- September 26, 2015
- November 28, 2015
- OLS Consulting Group Inc. highly recommends Train-My-Guard. They are the premier online training resource for security. Their website is: www.trainmyguard.com
OLS Consulting Group Inc. is an accredited security and use-of-force training provider under Alberta Justice and Solicitor General.
We are experienced, highly qualified, and discreet professionals with a proven track record of success in the industry locally, nationally and internationally. OLS Consulting Group Inc. instructors have operational experience all over the world - especially in Africa and the Middle East - providing high risk protective services and specialized security training.
Our primary instructor, Oliver Salvador, has been featured in Oilweek Magazine, Alberta Venture, Alberta Report, Avenue Magazine, Oil & Gas Inquirer, the Edmonton Journal, the Edmonton Sun, the Calgary Herald, the Calgary Sun, and the Vancouver Sun. He has also appeared on CTV News, City TV News, CBC National, and Global News.
OLS Consulting Group Inc. creates meaningful training environments that maximize the learning experience and retention of the skills and information presented during our training programs. We take every measure to ensure that we convey to each participant the skills and information required to succeed on our programs and in their working environment.
We specialize in training immigrants and newcomers to Canada as we understand how to deal and communicate with people from all over the world as a result of our international experience. Whether you are from India, Ethiopia, Somalia, Djibouti, Tanzania, Sudan/South Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, Egypt, Nepal or the Philippines, we have the expertise to ensure you get the knowledge and skills to succeed!
OLS Consulting Group Inc. offers the following training programs:
Alberta Basic Security Training
- This is the mandatory 40-hour training program required to obtain a security licence in Alberta. The program is offered on weekends (2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays), or during weekdays (Monday to Friday). The course covers topics such as:
- Canadian Law / Charter of Rights & Freedoms
- Security Industry Legislation in Alberta
- Security Guard Roles & Duties
- Note Taking & Report Writing
- Emergency Response; and Personal Safety.
PPCT Defensive Tactics
- This is the mandatory 40-hour self-defense, use-of-force, handcuffing and baton training required to obtain a baton endorsement on your Alberta security licence. It is the most widely accepted use-of-force training program in the world. The course covers topics such as:
- Human Factors
- Pressure Points
- PPCT Blocking System
- Defensive Counterstrikes
- Joint Locks & Take-Downs
- PPCT Impact Weapons System (Baton)
- Weapon (Firearm) Retention & Disarming.
Tactical Control Measures
- This is an advanced defensive tactics program. It was developed to address the need for superior training of law enforcement and security personnel in protecting themselves against serious assaults and subject resistance while on the job. The program gives students an increased capacity to safely control seriously violent and aggressive subjects. Program topics include:
- Situational Assessment
- Tactical Positioning
- Footwork and Movement
- Angles of Approach
- Defenses Against Grabs, Punches and Kicks
- Physical Restraints and Joint-Locks
- Universal Impact Weapons System
- Standing, Kneeling and Prone Handcuffing
- Defense Against Edged and Impact Weapons
- Firearms Disarming.
- This is an intensive 40-hour training program designed to give students the skills to effectively perform an executive protection (bodyguard) role. It is based upon the same methodologies used by the United States Diplomatic Security agents. Our instructors have extensive experience providing high-risk protective services all over the world. They will teach students the skills to effectively provide protective services in a professional environment. The course covers topics such as:
- Pre-Operational Intelligence
- Advance Work / Reconnaissance
- Elements of a Protective Detail
- Foot & Vehicle Escorts
- Protective Detail Formations
- Route, Vehicle, Residence & Office Security
- Immediate Action Drills.
BladeWar Edged Weapon Awareness
- This training program is a complete introduction to edged weapons combat. Subject matter taught on the program includes:
- Legal considerations for knife carry
- Use of force and the law (Canadian)
- Knife grip considerations
- Knife carry and deployment
- Combat ranges
- Angles of attack
- Footwork and mobility
- Knife-to-knife counters
- Attack and defense combinations
- Flow drills
- Control techniques
- Combat mindset
Contact us now!
OLS Consulting Group Inc. is committed to helping our students succeed! In addition to training, we help our students with their security licence applications as well as aid them in their search for rewarding and fulfillling career options. When you are serious about success...call or text us at 587-708-2000 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , or come and visit us at 10707B - 109 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5H 3B7 to register for upcoming courses!
The testimonials below speak of the extremely high quality of our training programs!!
"Oliver Salvador is a skilled professional...I have trained with him on many occasions and found his expertise in law enforcement defensive tactics to be exceptional." - V.L., Canadian Forces Military Police
"...I would like to thank you for such an informative, well thought out knife training program. We felt that we participated in some excellent training which unfortunately we don't get enough of...The footwork drills, positioning for attacks, center line concepts were all the little things that every police officer could benefit from...we found your program easy to learn and highly effective..." - D.H., Corporal, RCMP Police Defensive Tactics Unit, Depot Division
"His knowledge of hand to hand combat has been a tremendous help to our training program...Not only have these techniques been employed for new recruits, they have been developed for veteran officers and trainers alike...His performance consistently extends well beyond both the requirements and expectations of the Department of Energy...I would recommend Mr. Salvador and his services to anyone who deals with training, tactics, and dignitary protection." - J.A., Training and Operations Coordinator, U.S. Department of Energy
"I would like to thank you on behalf of the Safety Sub Committee of the World Petroleum Congress for the time and effort you provided to make the Congress a resounding success...As Safety Sub Committee Chair I was continually complimented on the quality and preparedness of the security guards. They fulfilled their roles with confidence due to the fact that through the training presentation you prepared the security guards knew what was expected of them and what their roles were. Your presentation enabled the security guards to be better prepared for both their access control and hosting functions." - R.S., Chairman, Safety Sub-Committee, 16th World Petroleum Congress
10707B - 109 Street,, Edmonton, Alberta | 587-708-2000